Thursday, January 20, 2011

I need to buy some fucking band aids...

Lately, I have been stressed beyond belief.  My current job is at a really stressful point in the year, there is a lot of pressure to meet goals and this is not the best time in the economy for a nonprofit to do so.  I was also just offered a new job, which I accepted.  I'm very excited about the new job, but it means moving for the 6th time in the past year.  Holy mother of moving this is going to suck because it's colder than a witch's vagina outside right now.  The job was also a paycut.  Awesome.  The things I do to be happy. 

Annnnyways...I had quite the day today.  Last night I cut my big toe pretty fiercly.  It was bleeding heavily and I'm searching and searching for a band aid only to find out that my ex-fiance has all of the fucking band aids.  I taped paper towels to my toe to attempt to stop the bleeding, which I had to repeat multiple times.  Just another reminder of how much of an ass he is, couldn't even give me some of the band aids.  That was just the start of my bad day.  The next morning I had to get up at 4:30 to be at a news interview for work.  I could not sleep for the life of me and when my alarm went off at 4:30 I felt like it was only to mock me, knowing I never fell asleep, what a bitch.  On my way to the news interview, I spilled water all over my pants.  Great.  I'm going to be on TV and it looks like I pissed my pants.  I'm sure that will be awesome publicity for work.  Luckily it dried faster than I expected and wasn't that bad.  (I also decided I had a crush on the weather man while I waited for my interview :] )  So, I go about my day hoping that was the end of my clumsiness but it was not true.  On my way to my car from a meeting, the cart I was pulling with all of my meeting materials just decided to break in half without warning, sending my box of shit flying all over the side walk.  It was also -20 degrees outside as I scrambled to put all of said shit back in box as people walk and drive by looking sympathetically at me but not stopping to help.  Thanks guys, you making me feel even more pathetic really helps me pick everything up with my icicle fingers.  I finally get home and decide to grill a hot dog on the George for dinner and I'm plugging the grill in but it's not turning on, I keep messing with this for a good five minutes, getting thoroughly upset because I'm starving and it's been a long fricken day, when I finally figure out that the reason it won't turn on is becuase I was plugging in the toaster oven not the grill.  It was at this point that I realized I need a vacation and that I have officially lost my effing mind.

Tomorrow is Friday.  Thank the lord of all that is holy. 

1 comment:

  1. Note to self: Still need effing band aids. How many times are you going to take layers of your skin off before you actually buy them? Fail.

    ReplyDelete