Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Dating in your 20's sucks. Period.

It has been awhile since I have written...the crazyness of life got to me a bit.  So here's where I'm at:  still "seeing" this bad boy.  No titles.  Nothing consistent.  Pretty much we hang out or talk every few weeks or so and that's about it.  But here's the kicker:  last week was his birthday.  I send a happy birthday text just to be nice since we hadn't talked in a few weeks.  I didn't expect a call or anything, but he did call.  We caught up for awhile and I said that I would take him out for dinner for his birthday whenever he wanted, and here's how he responds:  "Well, what are you doing Thursday?  My family is taking me out to dinner, you should come."  I was pretty caught off guard, I mean in my opinion meeting the parents is a big deal and I am no where near ready to introduce him to mine.  If that doesn't send a mixed signal I don't know what does.  We aren't anything serious but you want to take me to a family gathering?  Hmm.  I'm confused.  But, alas, I went.

His sister, my former boss, had a look of complete shock on her face when I walked up with him so I'm guessing she had no idea I was coming.  Nice.  Way to make things even more awkward.  Other than that it was pretty painless and his parents are very nice but the whole thing just made me really confused.  When we talked about where we were at awhile ago, we both agreed that we were more than friends but still just getting to know each other despite our never lacking physical attraction to each other.  I was fine with that.  However, you cannot tell me that and then introduce me to your parents and do "couple like" things with me.  It's confusing and I cannot keep myself emotionally detached forever when things like this happen. 

This is a short and lame post but it's all I've got for now.  Apparently I cannot attract men who want to be in actual relationships.  Nice.  That is going to make things a lot of fun.  And he's seven years older than me...how are you even less ready to commit than I am?  Makes no sense to me. 

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm...Now this is a little tricky. There could be many reasons as to why he introduced you to his parents. You both agreed that you guys are more than friends and that might make you an important person to him. If this is the case than why not introduce you to the 'rents? You might just ask him what's up since this has confused you. Just because he's 7 yrs older doesn't mean that he is ready to commit. Remember some guys aren't ready to commit until they are like 50 or something. Also maybe you don't need to be in a relationship right now. Just focus on you and getting to where you want to be with yourself, but have fun doing it. Get back to loving you.

    ps-Missed you :)

    ReplyDelete