Monday, September 12, 2011

Liberation Celebration

Hello again blog!  It has been waaaay too long!  But this is a special occasion.  On September 4th one year ago the dreaded "not wedding" occurred.  I have decided that this particular date in history will now serve as the "4th of July" of my life.  I spent that weekend having a Liberation Celebration and it was awesome. 

As I look back to reflect on my life one year ago, I have to say that I am impressed with myself.  Let's just go over what I have done in the past year:

Moved 6 times
Switched jobs twice
Almost got married
Was a bridesmaid
Bought a car
Became a coach
Learned how to stand on my own feet
Went to Texas
Went to Washington DC
Have had 2 flings just for fun :)
Puked in the middle of a bar
Had my boss drive me home intoxicated 4 times
Realized how lucky I am for the friends I have
Laughed and cried more than I can ever remember doing either
Experienced body shots for the first time
Partied more than I ever did in college
Ran into the glass door at the gym
Dated a bad boy and thoroughly enjoyed and hated it at the same time
Started a blog
Ran a 12.4 mile race

I look at that list and realize there are both positive and negative things on it, but for the most part I am happier than I ever have been and have come farther in one year than I ever thought possible.  So instead of feeling sad on that day I felt liberated and thankful.  I've grown as a person from each and every one of those experiences and I am content with being just me.  I call that a success.  Happy 4th of July to me! :)

2 comments:

  1. I hope you know you're a freaking rockstar!! And kind of my hero. While I am truly sorry you had to go through that experience, I am SO happy that you had the chance to become the amazing woman you are today. Thank you for letting me become a part of your life!! LOVE YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! I know this is late but I'm so happy for you. Things will only get better for you. And Lyndsey is right! You are a rockstar!

    ReplyDelete